Create a backup copy of your rules
Applies To: Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013
- Click the File tab.
- Click Manage Rules & Alerts.
- If you have more than one email account, in the Apply changes to this folder list, select the Inbox that you want.
- Click Options.
- Click Export Rules.
- In the File name box, type the path and file name for the set of rules that you want to export.
- If you want to export a file that contains only rules that are compatible with an earlier version of Microsoft Outlook, in the Save as type list, select one of the following:
- Outlook 2002 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 2000 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 98 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Click Save.
NOTE: Exported rules are saved in file that uses an .rwz extension.